Precison Technology of Blytheville is dedicated to building an all-star team. If you possess a skill in programming Mazak CNC lathe, Haas Mill, hold a certificate in machining or work experience equivalent, and want to be part of a growing small business click the link to apply.
Position Title: Machinist
Department: Machine Shop
Reports to: Shop Manager/Foreman
Supervises: No one
To set up and operate conventional, numeric control and special purpose machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts. Maintain and operate shop equipment and tools, performing quality work, as quickly and efficiently as possible. Sell the company labor and services.
- Sets up and operates precision machinery to fabricate parts for customers.
- Studies specifications, blueprints, drawings or sample prototypes to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces and setup requirements.
- Measures and marks dimensions and reference points for subsequent machining.
- Selects, secures and aligns die, fixtures and attachments to machine stock.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors and automated controls.
- Scans machining process to detect malfunctions and readjust settings as needed.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete or partial assembly when needed.
- Tests finished part or assembly to ensure performance and quality control.
- Keep accurate, easy-to-read read records of work performed and materials used.
- Maintains inventory of all stock, materials and production runs.
- Maintains safe work habits.
- Maintains and cares for all shop tools, machines and equipment.
- Operates cutting and welding equipment to fashion and form materials.
- Periodically review trade bulletins.
- Help maintain cleanliness, neatness and safety of building and work area.
- Stays current with technical changes through continuing education and training.
- Attends company functions and meetings, visiting with the customers, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years of experience in related field.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and diagrams.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Computer experience and knowledge using Mazak and Haas programs.
- The environment is mainly inside but may involve some outdoor delivery.
This position description does not list all the duties of the position. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this position description. The employer has the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.